Last month I captured my first bee swarm. It was pretty uneventful, in fact it was surprisingly easy. I gave the hive a home on my friend's property in Leucadia, where the orange trees are plentiful. Not wanting to perturb the bees, I gave them some time to acclimate to their new location before revisiting the hive. I couldn't believe what I discovered after only 4 weeks... the bees had drawn comb down all the comb guides I provided and they were dripping with honey! I only took honey from one frame as I didn't want to pull from their surplus. The honey was a rich amber color and full of bee pollen. It was incredibly beautiful and so rewarding to watch Rumi eat the honey by the handful. We inspected some comb that I had to remove because the bees had drawn down from the lid. We watched two bees emerge from the cells...it was like a National Geographic show. I ended up adding another brood box with the hope that it will allow for more expansion within the hive. So excited for my next visit with my new buzzing friends!